Five Star Septic Is Available 24/7 to Fix Your Sterling Pipe Fail
Pipe breaks or clogs are one of the most unsettling problems to handle as a homeowner. If you notice signs that there might be something amiss with your sewer line, it’s vital to look into the problem right away before it worsens. Here are some signs to keep an eye out for:
- Your yard smells like wastewater
- The smell of sewage is coming out of any of your drains
- Wastewater from the dishwasher backs up into the sink
- Sewer water emerges from the bathtub drain
- Sinks and bathtubs empty more slowly than usual
What to Expect When Your Sterling Sewer Line Acts Out
Root invasion is one of the most frequent reasons for sewer pipe clogging. Tree roots can invade pipes, slowly but surely placing pressure on pipes and then growing their way into seams. If even very little roots can make their way between joints, they can create a dam that collects mass until the main stops completely. They can then continue to grow, gradually creating cracks in the pipe. Few things are more disgusting than dealing with a sewer line break in the middle of your lawn.
Less-frequent sewer-pipe issues that we see:
- Buildup of oil, grease, or hair
- Pipe collapses
- Badly aligned pipes
- Backups created by solid items
If you have the least bit of backflow – into sinks, bathtubs, or even toilets – the best thing to do is to stop using water until the problem is identified and fixed. If you keep letting water pour down the drain, you risk serious flooding.
No Sewer Problem in Va is Beyond Five Star Septic’ Expertise
A few final things to keep in mind when you are addressing your sewer pipe problems:
- Check whether your real estate insurance pays for sewer pipe line labor. Usually the problem has to be proven to be an accident, and sudden (as opposed to gradual wear and tear on your sewer main). Take pictures as you or your plumber uncover the problem so that you have evidence to provide to your insurance agent.
- While you’re having work done, consider installing a “trenchless” sewer line if you haven’t already. This innovative technology enables plumbers to take out an inner lining from your sewer pipe for cleaning, then slide it back into the line without damaging fencing or lawns.
Five Star Septic of Sterling, Va, can clean out your pipes without breaking the bank. Our professional plumbers are on the job. Contact Five Star Septic now for pipe services!