Five Star Septic Is Available 24/7 to Fix Your Oakton Pipe Issue
A slow flowing sewer pipe – or, worse yet, a backup of sewage – is one of the most disgusting crises a homeowner ever has to face. As soon as you observe issues that could indicate a problem with your sewer line, start diagnosing the problem. If it’s outside your level of expertise, call a professional. If you wait, you and your whole household will regret it down the line – pun intended. Here are some of the indications you should be watchful for:
- You can smell wastewater in your yard
- Sewage stench emits from any of your drains
- Dishwasher wastewater shows up in the sink
- Wastewater emerges from the bathtub drain
- Sinks and other drains drain more slowly than usual
The Most Likely Sewer Line Complications in Oakton
Among the most common causes of sewer line backups is root growth. Tree roots can invade pipes, slowly but surely putting pressure on pipes and then working their way into seams. If even very little roots can make their way between joints, they can create a wall that builds up material until the traffic halts entirely. They can also increase in size, gradually creating cracks in the line. There are not many experiences that are more disgusting than having a sewer line break on your property.
Less-frequent sewer-line problems that we see:
- Buildup of oil, grease, or hair
- Pipe collapses
- Badly aligned pipes
- Backups created by large objects
If you have any backflow at all – into sinks, bathtubs, or even toilets – the safest thing to do is to stop all running water until the problem is identified and fixed. Otherwise, you risk serious flooding.
No Sewer Problem in Va is Outside Five Star Septic’ Ability
A few last things to keep in mind when you are dealing with your sewer line problems:
- Determine whether your property insurance pays for sewer pipe line fixes. Usually the incident has to be proven to be an accident, and sudden (as opposed to gradual wear and tear on your sewer main). Take photos as you or your plumber find the problem so that you have evidence to provide to your insurance company.
- While you’re making updates to your sewer main, consider installing a “trenchless” sewer line if you don’t have one already. This innovative technology enables plumbers to remove an inner lining from your sewer line for repair, then slide it back into the pipe without digging up fences or landscaping.
Five Star Septic of Oakton, Va, can clean out your drains at a reasonable price and time estimate. Our licensed plumbers are on the job. Contact Five Star Septic now for pipe services!