If You Need Professional Sewer Line Work in Vienna, Va, Five Star Septic Is Here to Help
A slowly draining sewer pipe – or, worse yet, a backup of sewage – is one of the most disgusting disasters a homeowner ever has to face. The second you notice issues that could involve your sewer pipe, start investigating the problem. If it’s outside your level of expertise, call a professional. If you wait, you and your whole household will wish you hadn’t. Here are some of the things you ought to be watchful for:
- You can smell wastewater in your yard
- The smell of sewage emits from any of your drains
- Wastewater from the dishwasher comes up into the sink
- Wastewater comes up the bathtub
- Sinks and bathtubs drain more slowly than usual
Most Likely Sewer Complications in Vienna
Root invasion is one of the most common reasons for sewer pipe clogging. Tree roots can invade pipes, slowly but surely placing pressure on pipes and then growing their way into seams. If even very little roots can make their way between joints, they can create a wall that builds up mass until the movement halts entirely. They can also grow, gradually causing cracks in the pipe. Few things are more unpleasant than having a sewer line break in the middle of your property.
Less-common sewer-pipe issues that come up:
- Grease buildup
- Pipe damage
- Badly aligned pipes
- Backups caused by solid items
If you have any backflow at all – into sinks, bathtubs, or even toilets – the best thing to do is to stop all running water until it’s diagnosed and fixed. Otherwise, you risk serious flooding.
No Pipe Issue in Va is Beyond Five Star Septic’ Ability
A few last things to consider while addressing your sewer pipe problems:
- Check whether your property insurance pays for sewer pipe line installations. Often the problem has to be proven to be an accident, and sudden (as opposed to gradual wear on your sewer pipes). Take pictures as you or your plumber discover the problem so that you have evidence to provide to your insurance agent.
- check what proportion of the sewer line work is your responsibility and how much of it is Vienna’s. The sewer line underneath your property is yours to deal with, but past the Y-joint leading to the city sewer main, it’s the city that should foot the bill.
Five Star Septic of Vienna, Va, can clean out your sewer without breaking the bank. Our licensed plumbers are on the job. Contact Five Star Septic now for pipe services!